
A three-story Richardsonian Romanesque station of red pressed brick, anchored at its corner by two entrances set within massive semicircular arches of rough-cut sandstone that spring from short columns with carved capitals; wrought-iron fanlights in the arches spell out SEVENTH DISTRICT POLICE STATION. A band of brick corbelling and molded terra-cotta runs beneath a tile-capped cornice, and battered corner pavilions rise above a slate mansard roof pierced by a round-arched dormer. The gabled carriage wing to the right carries a broad segmental arch beneath a modeled terra-cotta horse's head set in an oval panel.
The city built the station in 1901 for the St. Louis police department's Seventh District, at Grand and Magnolia in Tower Grove East; the wing to the right held the district's police stable. The Seventh District Police Station was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on March 22, 1984, and has since been converted to residential use.















































